Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Deja Vu

Nine weeks ago, I was having this weird feeling or rather I should say mixed feeling. Now, I am experiencing deja vu. I will be passing out from my course in less than 72 hours. When I first arrived in Stagmont Camp some seven weeks ago, I felt very awkward and the days and even hours lasted forever.

The final week has been rather relaxed so far. Just talk crap and laughing sessions during the so-called "lessons" when all the tests are already history.

We had our first-ever official Games Day this morning and the most ridiculous thing about it is that we are the platoon playing. So in short, it is playing against one another. There was only one game; basketball. It is a sport which I enjoy watching but not play and tarnish the idolized image of me. I ended up checking out the other facilities like the monkey bar next to the basketball court with other fellow noobs.

Siow San aka course commander still doesn't want to reveal our unit postings to us. He only dropped a big hint that 20 + 2 + 1 (=23) of us will be staying in Stagmont Camp for the rest of our NS life. You do not need to understand why is there mathematics to that amount because it is classified information and a bit tedious for me to explain it here.

I don't know but I have a strong feeling that I will not be part of that 20 + 2 +1. I somehow see myself in a new camp with a new cookhouse, new friends and new bed with effect from next Monday. Something tells me that Jurong Camp would be my destination. Let's see how accurate my physic powers are...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...