Thursday, March 01, 2012

Signal Anniversary

Today was Signal formation's 46th anniversary, happy birthday to Signals and my platoon had to do sai kang the entire morning. Basically, almost every damn signal battalion whether it is Armour, Artillery, Infantry, Guards or even pure Signals came to Stagmont Camp today to celebrate.

Even Signal Institute sent participants for the games event whereas we were busy carrying jerry cans, campros and tables. Not to mention filling them up with ice and water and some gatorade powder (energy drink).

Ming Hui and I were in charge of one of the four water points at the field, the area which has the highest amount of human traffic. So, every thirty seconds or so, there will be at least one person who would walk towards us and help himself with a drink. There was also a box of bananas present and needless to say, it ran out pretty fast.

As the energy drink was lime-flavoured, I decided to paste a piece of masking tape on the campro with the words "Lime Tequila CaCO3" written on it. That drew many curious stares from passers-by and a few joked with each other at the sight of it.

The buffet lunch brunch was always which includes fried rice, curry puffs, achar, spring rolls and the legendary minced mutton (it's an Indian dish but I forgot the name). I consumed two full plates of everything listed above plus a couple of bananas.

I could actually skip dinner as I still felt quite full but decided to have it in the end since cookhouse food is free. Tomorrow is Signal Institute's anniversary, no more sai kang for me and I will be having half a day off. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...