Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Prawning

This morning, I attended my unit's anniversary celebration at Hai Bin Prawning in Sin Ming. Needless to say, the main thing to do there was to fish for prawns. My catch amounted to eight, not bad for a first-time prawner.

I guess more or less everybody managed to catch at least one prawn. To me, it doesn't matter which part of the pond one is at, the most important factor should be the bait. I trimmed down the bait's size for one of my friends as he was having an unfruitful time and within three minutes, I managed to hook up a prawn.

There was also a competition to fish for the heaviest and lightest prawn. The heaviest one was unbeatable at more than 300 grams (heck, it looked like a lobster) while the lightest weighed an astonishing 7 grams, the type that looked more appropriate to feed fishes than humans.

Prawning was an interesting experience for me. However, I still prefer good old fishing as there is more freedom and creativity to it.

My humble catch for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...