Sunday, January 06, 2013

Girls' Generation: I Got a Boy



Girls' Generation has returned to the K-pop scene since New Year's Day. After a long an obviously profit-inspired venture into the Japanese market last year, they are back with the hit song, I Got a Boy.

Hooray!!! Fans of the 9-member group will say. However, the new image which the girls spot this time somehow don't seem to suit them. That is at least my opinion and I have the freedom to state my opinion on this blog.

The edgier and more colourful look reminds one of SNSD's direct rival, 2NE1. Those oversized and bright-coloured outfits hardly complements their style. Snoop Dogg would be disappointed to know that a non-rapper tried copying his fashion and failed.

And the lyrics of I Got a Boy is just so typical K-pop and uncreative to a certain extent. "I got a boy, a handsome one, I got a boy, a kind one". That is something which only rookie girl groups will perform. Even Skarf can do better than that.

Last but not least to Sunny and your hairstylist. Please change your hairstyle. Stop deceiving yourself, the purple hair really looks atrocious on you. Are you trying to act like 2NE1's Minzy? And is Tiffany copying Bom's style? What about Hyoyeon's multi-coloured tresses?

This comeback is a big failure. The fans waited for more than a year but it wasn't worth the wait. Maybe they had concentrated too much on the lucrative Japanese market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...