Saturday, January 19, 2013

National Service: Before and After


I was thinking about this earlier today and am 100% sure that almost 100% male (and maybe female) Singaporeans will agree with me. It was actually a pretty long thought so I decided to summarize things into a few simple sentences. Take your time to read and give some comments.

Before Enlistment: NS is a waste of time. We waste two years of our lives to protect foreigners who come and go. Oh, and I need to wake up at unearthly reveille times, eat army food, sleep on some lousy bed and there goes the 60-dollar haircut I did at La Coco.

During full-time service: Why am I stuck in this camp? The food is still edible although I'm sick of the same stuff. The bed still can make it lah. At least I am not a botak anymore. Never mind. I can endure this. 2 more days to book out day and ORD in 497 days!

After ORD: Whoo! National service wasn't that bad after all. It is an honour to serve and you get to learn and know many important things in life. I made lots of friends too. Plus, I am both physically and mentally stronger now!

After receiving reservist letter: NS is sh*t lah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...