Friday, July 24, 2009

My current addictions

Here are a few things which I am addicted to currently

Durians

Actually it is not really an addiction but more like a vice. Like smokers needing to puff at least once a day. I consume this fruit almost every other day since its season started about two months ago. Well, might as well eat it to the max when there are lots of them now, right?

Fifa Online 2

Enough said. Whether you watch, play or bet on football, this is the game for you. Unlike the traditional Fifa or Winning eleven games, Fifa Online 2 is not just simply about playing a soccer match with your fingers on the Qwerty keyboard

It tests your analytical skills when choosing the right players to buy and buying them at the right price. Also, there is zero violence in this MMORPG except for the "A" button which I press frequently to purposely slide my opponents and injure them

Last but not least, it also makes you use that business brain in your head in wheeling and dealing of players although it seems that I made more losses than profits in the auction market until now

Sleeping

I don't know why but I just need that bit more of sleep every morning nowadays ever since the second half of the semester began. I wake up about ten minutes later than what I usually do in the past

But who cares? Sleeping is the best activity a living thing(whether an animal, insect or human)can enjoy and what's more, I am never late for class, even if I am, there are surely tons of people who are even later than me

Radio

This one can definitely be classified as an addiction. To be more exact, it is listening to Yes 933 in the night between eleven to one or one plus. The show is really addictive and I am a living example. So people, don't say that I am an early sleeper with no nightlife. My nightlife is dedicated to the radio ok?

Ring Ring Ring, time for some English lessons

As per

This is a simple phrase which is old-fashioned and over exaggerated. We should not use "per" in our writing

Instead of
As per your request, say As you requested
As per your instructions, say As you instructed

Attached/enclosed herewith please find

Why do we need herewith? If it's not here, then where??? Get rid of it and also "please find". The sentence sounds rather passive with these words

I attach/I enclose
Attached is/Enclosed is

Back

Don't use phrase like return back or exchange back. You don't need to use a "back". Never have an expression like this

Bathe/Bath

This is the typical one where most of us, including myself, are confused with and tend to make mistakes. In a five-star hotel, you would take a bath(in the bathtub)but in an ordinary HDB flat in Singapore, you usually take a shower(standing up with a shower above you). So if you are saying you are going to bathe, change it to you are going to shower if you don't have a bathtub

Dated on
When you reply a letter, don't say "Thank you for your letter dated on XX XX XX". ZYou should write "Thank you for your letter dated XX XX XX" or "Thank you for your letter of XX XX XX" Just don't say dated on

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...