Thursday, August 06, 2009

Subway

Today I did something for the first time in my life. I ate Subway! Yes, I ate fresh. So much so for this fast food franhcise's rising popularity when there are still many people who have yet to taste it before like me and did I mention Zhiteng?

While queuing up to place our order, we were like a bunch of sua gus which include Vernon and Alice. At least the both of them ever tried it so they had some experience about it. Seriously, before I ate Subway today, I really don't know how to order a submarine sandwich, as in what should I tell the counter and how should I order the food

So when we were queuing, the topic we were discussing about was obviously how to order a meal, sounds rather simple but it was very complex to me. I forced Vernon to make his order before me as I had no idea how to go about doing it and I roughly copied what he did. Actually it is quite simple, choose the type of bread, meat, vegetables, sauce and that big cookie

My combination was some cheese bread with ham, topped with tomatoes and lettuce with mayonnaise as the sauce. Plus a "lao hong" chocolate cookie. I think that the cookie is rather useless, Subway is just trying to be different from McDonald's and KFC

At least the drink made up for the lousy cookie. Getting your drink is own time own target self service. So I showed Zhiteng and Alice the true Singaporean spirit. Kiasuness. After filling up half of my regular-sized cup with coke, I poured it down into my stomach immediately on the spot and refilled again. In the end, I decided to stick with my usual 3 in 1 combination. Coke plus Sprite plus ice lemon tea. Not bad, at least I didn't had a stomachache unlike previously when I drank it at Jurong Point's KFC

Overall, it was quite filling because of the excess amount of carbonated liquid I gulped down, otherwise I don't think it will keep me full for the whole afternoon

Next time I will add more veggies into my sandwich to eat fresher

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...