Monday, November 08, 2010

Guys eat Rice


I had been observing this since the first semester  of my SP life. When a group of students, especially when most of them are guys, eat together at a foodcourt, all of them usually eat rice.

A common sight in any SP foodcourt is a group of guys sitting together, with their heads slightly tilted down, eating a plate of rice dish. And the strange thing is that all of them would order from the same stall like Chicken Talk (Muslim chicken rice stall) in Foodcourt 3.

I swear that I had never seen 4 or more guys all eating noodles together in SP. In contrast, girls seem to be more flexible as you can find different groups of them eating different things.

So I had always wondered why is it rice for guys? Maybe eating rice together is a more effective way of bonding? Or maybe eating rice looks more "cool" when you are with other guys?

Or is it that eating noodles makes one look more gay? Because you need to scoop rice with your spoon and chew it which makes you look more man? Maybe eating rice is faster and saves more time than other types of staple food.

I am a guy but I have no idea why is there such a "trend". Well, maybe we can use the iPhone users theory to better understand it. When one person does it, and a few others blindly follow, the rest act like dogs and follow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...