Thursday, November 04, 2010

No slippers in labs

Let me see. Ok fine, I shall continue to talk about my dearest school today. The management has proved that it is very "efficient" time and again with some very "efficient" management.

How many years has SP been around? 52? 55? Alright, the answer is 56. I feel so ashamed of myself as I had to use Wikipedia to find out the answer when I'm already in year 3.

Anyway, for 56 years of providing tertiary education, 56 years of preparing people for the workforce and 56 years of developing skilled employees, SP haven't done one thing until recently.

As recent as only this week, lecturers as well as technical service officers are telling students that slippers are officially banned in labs. Students wearing slippers will have to leave the class starting from next week.

Every student in SP knows that slippers/sandals are not allowed in labs but nobody really bothered to care. Lecturers also seemed to have a heck-care attitude over this matter.

It was not until this week (or maybe last week) that an "official email" was sent out to notify the staff of this new "rule". So all SP staff had to guai guai and follow along in case their year-end bonuses get affected in my opinion.

It is quite strange that that email was sent out all of a sudden. Why did the management only take a firm stance now? What were they doing all along these years?

This strict order could have been in place five or ten years ago. I seriously don't understand why did it only happen now.

Maybe some student got his/her feet injured while wearing slippers in the lab and decided to sue the school. So the latter had to force everybody to wear shoes from now on. That's only my speculation

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...