Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mutton coin soup

I ordered mutton soup for lunch at Foodcourt 1 during noon and the auntie helped me jia liao (add extra ingredient).

She dropped a ten-cent coin into the soup while passing me the change. Blame it on the position of the bowl, my inability to catch it in time or her decision to pass the change with so many coins?

The change was one dollar and fifty cents. She could have just grabbed a one-dollar coin plus a fifty-cent one. However, she decided to be creative at the wrong time and picked a number of twenty-cent and ten-cent coins.

So it is not unexpected that one of them falls off her hand. After the coin-fall, she asked if I wanted to change another bowl. I told her it's alright.

It took me quite a while to find the coin which was submerged in the dark-coloured broth. In the end, I used it to buy a drink at the stall next to the mutton soup one. Wonder if the uncle realized that it has yang sao wei (?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...