Saturday, April 16, 2011

True friends from SP

Some time ago, I was saying that I am going to blog about the people whom I got to know throughout my stay in Singapore Polytechnic. I shall kick off the series today with an overview of those who are (and were) friends with me.

Honestly, I do not really have many friends in poly and I mean the genuine ones because there is just too much backstabbing and politics in the classroom. Those whom I consider as true friends are Zhiteng, Nasrullah, Marcius, Mahalakshmi and maybe Alice as well.

Out of those five, only Marcius is of the same nationality and race as me. Interestingly, Zhiteng and Alice are from the world's most populous country while Nas and Maha are local Indians.

Clearly, this shows that those of the same race as you may not end up as your comrades. Also, only Nas, Zhiteng and Alice come from the same class as me during my first semester in school three years ago.

If I were to name those who are reliable in this list of five, I would say Zhiteng and Marcius. The former in terms of school work and the latter as a buddy. Nas is also dependable but does make empty promises at times while Maha needs help frequently.

I included Alice in this list because she is always gossiping and talking behind the backs of others when Zhiteng, she and I are together. The way she talks about others to me seems as if I am one whom she can confidently disclose secrets to.

I am not certain if she does the same to me when she is with other people hence I cannot place her as the most reliable person. However, I believe I do not have much for her to gossip about as I never show the full side of myself when I'm with her.

If not because of schoolwork, I can say that there is nothing I can depend on Zhiteng as a friend. His punctuality is questionable, hardly starts a conversation with you and looks socially-handicapped.

To be fair and all, Marcius is a good friend but try not to discuss projects and stuff with him unless you have lots of time to squander. He is the kind whom will inform you if there's a good lobang and contact you once in a while to make you feel validated.

I shall stop here abruptly like a cliffhanger in a story. This is only the first post and many more will come soon, together with more details. Spicy, juicy and acidic. That's the three words I can think of to describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...