Saturday, April 02, 2011

social life

Many people had ever question me about my social life. I cannot blame them for being such a kaypo like how China people crowd around a table in Marina Bay Sands to watch someone playing blackjack.

The impression which I give to people, especially those who just got to know me, is that I am a dull person whose brain is filled with  knowledge that is too boring to start a conversation with. I don't deny this, except that I do know who is who in SNSD so I'm not sure if that's considered boring

There are always those suspicious ones who wonder why I hardly go out and socialize at night. I can only conclude two things and it's got to be one of them. One. These people can't differentiate between social life and nightlife. Two. Their social life is pathetic as it only comes to life when they head out after the sun sets.

For me, my social life is alive throughout the day. A colleague once asked me "don't you go out with friends?" I simply cannot comprehend what does go out refer to. If it means hang out, then I have been hanging out with friends in classrooms and offices for a long time.

Don't we joke and gossip with one another at school or work? Isn't that considered as socializing? Having lunch with your co-workers is already a fine example of what it means to socialize. There are people whom are more anti-social  than me as they prefer to eat alone.

In the minds of those who find that I have a questionable social life, their perspective of socializing is that it is incomplete if you don't have dinner, chat about juicy stuff, and visit a pub with your friends.

Also, many people like to enquire about my private life. I am not sure if this is some sort of pre-test for me before I become a celebrity. "What do you do at home?" is the number one topic I have been asked about.

Sometimes, I really ponder over the complexity of this question. Well, I sit in front of my lousy Made-in-Taiwan Acer computer and move my fingers around the keyboard to blog about these people who have questioned me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...