Tuesday, April 12, 2011

birthday

There are some problems with the blogskin at the moment. I will try to fix it by Friday. I might have to change a new blogskin if the current fails to work.

Anyway, today is my birthday and it was a pleasant one. I do not really long for a lavish party, go crazily insane nor instill a couldn't-care-less attitude on this day. I just want it to be an ordinary day, ordinary enough to be memorable.

That might sound contradicting because I tend portray myself as somebody whom pursue materialistic stuff through my actions and image. Today does not differ from any other day for me.

Took a taxi in the morning. Had to give directions to the driver as he does not know how to drive to my destination. So much so for hoping to relax comfortably in the backseat of the car.

Went to Singapore Pools during noon to collect some debts which the legal bookmaker was owing me. There was one banglah complaining to a fellow banglah that he lost all his money in yesterday's Liverpool game.

Used the money I collected to buy snacks for people. I don't really bother about the amount of money I won in a bet. It's the feeling of winning which is priceless. To quote a line from the song "Innocence" by Avril Lavigne, "it's the happiness inside that you're feeling".

That's my way of life. That is my birthday.

Oh and I had a closed-door event in the evening. I am unable to post the details due to privacy and security issues. Until then, let's wait for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...