Thursday, May 06, 2010

10 misconceptions about me Part 2

10 misconceptions people have about me Part 2

Drinking

Everyone, whether is it a new or old friend, thinks that I do consume alcohol occasionally. I have not touched alcohol for at least a decade excluding the thermometer in science labs and the Jolly Shandy which I drank last year

Most people, be it a heavy and light drinker, will drink some beer/liquor as and when. As for me, I have my own principles and am obliged to stick to them. They include abstaining from smoking and drinking for my whole life as I want to live at least 120 years old. Serious

Anyway, I don't see the fun in drinking beer. It doesn't taste nice, screws up your mind and is very expensive. Why can't we just drink ice cream soda or chocolate milk?

Laid-back style

I always present myself as a happy-go-lucky person who seems quite "empty" on the inside. Yes, I am lazy but don't say that I am relaxed

I have a whole lot of certs with my name and technically, I am really a biologist. Either do it well or don't it at all. That is my style although most of the times I choose the latter

Nobody organizes things better than me among my peers. Whether it is an event, project or being the playmaker in football, I am usually the orchestrator

I also possess quality leadership skills though I am limited to chances in showing them off

Politics

Every now and then, someone will be asking me questions like "Raymond, so when will you be an MP?", "You are the hope of our future for this country!"

Me not interested in politics. Me only interested in political science and wish for democracy. So it doesn't matter if I support Thaksin, Suu Kyi or Chee, I support all of them as they represent democracy

Being an observer from the stands is always better than being the player in the court

Boring Lifestyle

Wake up early in the morning go to bed at ten at night. I don't call this boring, I call it healthy

I am definitely not a boring person if you mix around with me. I either don't talk or talk something which may generate some effect/reaction. That is me

Everyone also has the same lifestyle as me when you were young right? I am just sticking to it whereas you all are trying to make a change

Trying to deny all my flaws

I know you are thinking about that after reading all of the above. Yes, so I shall make sure I keep your mouth shut by telling you that it is just a misconception

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...