Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sit Down

While I was at home yesterday, I sat down on the floor. It was not just an ordinary action where you slowly rest your butt on the ground. It was like a journey, a journey that brought me back to the past

I usually do not sit with my legs crossed. I would position my legs where the calf and the thigh form an upside down V shape. My elbows would rest on the knees and my right hand would clutch onto my left wrist to form a "lock". Sitting in this way makes me feel more comfortable somehow

I had a familiar feeling while sitting in that position. I thought for a while and realized that I used to do it five times a week, every morning, at the parade square, wearing uniform, in my secondary school

Everyone, ok almost everyone sat with their legs crossed. That never crossed my mind, I would sit my favourite position, absorbed in the principal's daily morning speech although I normally forget what she had said two minutes after we left the parade square for lessons

Teachers, who did not had the luxury (or misfortune) to sit down, would be walking about since they had nothing to do except listen to the principal's voice. I would definitely catch their attention if they were near me as I looked out-of-the-class

Actually I think that I am right. Firstly, my ankles won't ache. Secondly, I am will not crumple my uniform so easily. Thirdly, my hands are more relaxed in that position

I can sit in that position because I am wearing pants. That is one of the reasons why being a guy is always better

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...