Sunday, May 02, 2010

Pie

Before you scroll down. Please take some time to read the words first. Thank you very much

Let's talk about Mathematics. Dull and boring? Think again

My maths lesson is pretty simple unlike those in your school which naturally puts you to sleep

I am sure that everybody (who had ever taken the O levels) has learn this before during Mathematics classes

It is called pie. Yes, not the apple or shepherd's one. It is the one which looks like this-π. It will be impossible to calculate circles' areas without it. It is pronounced as pie but it is actually written as pi

Here comes the question. Do you know why the value of π is 3.14? If you do, congratulations for your knowledge. If you don't (which I think you will fall into this category), then you are useless

If you happened to be the latter, don't be sad. I am going to tell you the answer and you don't need a PhD to understand it

People always say that π is the ratio of a circle's area to the square of its radius which is about 3.14...

I shall show you a much simpler way to digest it which explains the purpose of this post for today

π is equivalent to 3.14 because
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I told you my lesson was pretty simple. Hope you learned something today

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...