Sunday, May 15, 2011

The same question


Many many people, so many that I have lost count how many were there, have asked me this question. A question about me where I do not have a definite answer. When are you enlisting?

Sometimes, when I can't be bothered to answer it for the nth time, I would just shoot back the universal "I don't know". If I am in a good mood, I might joke around and say that I am too precious to be risked in a war, that's why they excluded me.

After answering that question, I would ask myself, do I need to inform him/her when I receive that sacred orange letter? Then I would continue to shoot another question in my brain, so how many people do I need to inform in total?

Also, so what if I inform them? Are they going to have big reactions? "Oh Raymond, let me treat you to a scrumptious meal first, the food inside there is bad" or "I will buy you a non-camera phone as a gift before you enlist".

You might argue that informing them is a means of contacting and communicating. I beg to differ. So what if I told them? Will they make the first move and call me after half a year to ask what is my vocation?

The answer is pretty obvious. Well, this is all part of human nature. People ask me such a question because they ran out of topics to talk about. So being pretentious has become the norm for everybody. I stay quiet or away from the crowd every now and then as I dislike being a hypocrite.

You might strongly disagree with what I state but that will only further justify that I am correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...