Friday, May 06, 2011

Useless cooling-off day

Today is the useless cooling-off day so I shall steer clear of anything related to the 2011 general elections and the political parties.

I still remember I started reading political news some 4 years ago, the year I took my O Levels. Since then, I have been reading, analysing, debating and criticizing many countries' elections.

Come to think of it, some elections which I clearly remember following include Taiwan's 2008 presidential election, the Malaysian "tsunami" election in 2009, last year's Indonesia and Phillipines' presidential elections and not to mention when Barack Obama contested as president.

Now, my beloved country Singapore, will see its citizens head to the polls tomorrow. Time really flies, I used to think when will it be Singapore's turn to have some elections news in international press like Reuters.

Hope the title of all newspapers' headline news would be "Change has come for Singapore" on Sunday morning.

Let me be a bit random here after days of watching the intense campaigning. Congratulations to Jang Geun Suk and SNSD for acheiving the first and second spots respectively in Japan's Oricon chart.

It is ironic that Korean singer are dominating their neighbouring country's music charts when they do not even speak the language. It is even more ironic that Jang Geun Suk's new Japanese song is called "Let Me Cry" when he should be laughing all the way after selling so many albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...