Thursday, December 24, 2009

Last Christmas

Well, you know, during the festive season each year, you will hear numerous Christmas songs. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Here Comes Santa Claus, The Twelve Days of Christmas etc. But there is one certain song which I especially like and feel that it sounds a bit contradicting

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day, you gave it away

Yes, it's the song Last Christmas originally sang by British duo Wham! and "re-sang" by others like Ashley Tisdale, Cascada and many more

I like the song very much but I feel that it sounds a bit weird to hear the singer singing the same sentence every year. Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day, you gave it away

Walau eh, how many Christmases do you need before you can stop giving your heart to the wrong person? Then hor, this year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special. But next year you will still be singing the someone special gave your heart away

Aiyah, who cares? As long as it sounds nice can already

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...