Sunday, December 20, 2009

Turning 18

What's the big deal about turning 18?

Like myself, all 1991 babies will be celebrating their eighteen birthday this year. As the year comes to a close, most would have already commemorate this special occasion by now. I don't find it special at all

I only remembered that back in April, I stepped into Singapore Pools and made a bet for the first time on my own less than fifteen hours after my birthday. Turning 18 means that I can enter a Singapore Pools branch without fear

Most people think differently from me. They would say that you can finally drink, club, watch M18 films, drive a car, oh yeah and smoke and do many other things legally

I still believe that being able to bet with the legal lottery operator is the only thing worth celebrating. Being able to calmly walk into a branch, grab a piece of paper and scribble on it with a pencil while squeezing with a couple of uncles and aunties, that is what I call growing up

At last, you are part of the society, you have already registered yourself to be a member of it. Going to Zouk or Zirca only gives you the opportunity to mingle with the young and it is only a portion of them, the portion which is crazy about nightlife. Everyone who wants to strike it rich will consider Singapore Pools as their destination

Driving a car might make you stand out among your peers but it is pretty useless too. One day, they will also get a driving license and everyone will be on par again. I don't understand why people who just turned 18 can't wait to head down to a driving centre to learn this "skill". Is it really so urgent? Do you even own a car in the first place?

Then what about smoking? I guess I shall not elaborate on it. Is it up to you to make your own decisions in life. Just don't ruin it. But, I can tell you that Marlboro Iceblast is a good choice after I did some market research and analysis. It is sold out at many places so you have to be quick to get a pack. No, make it two

By the way, I don't smoke, I am just looking at the market for potential future businesses. I am still 18 only, give me some time

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...