Saturday, March 07, 2009

Football Analysis: FA Cup

More football analysis coming your way

This week is FA Cup week. Fulham host Manchester United at Craven Cottage, Chelsea travel to Ricoh Arena to play Coventry City while Everton and Middlesbrough face off at Goodison Park in the quarter finals. Elsewhere, Arsenal take on Burnley in the fifth round. Let's start of with the Red Devils first

Edwin Van der Sar conceded a goal at last against Newcastle in their previous game. I think Fulham can put one behind their former player again in today's game. Although Cristiano Ronaldo and Co. look invincible currently, all it takes is just one setback for critics to start lashing out again. The Cottagers have my trust in halting Man U's bid for five trophies this season. The score would be a draw I predict. A Fulham victory sounds near impossible while Man U has won too many matches recently(so according to the law of average, they might not do so this time)and considering big matches with Inter Milan and Liverpool coming soon in the next eight days, Alex Ferguson might field a less powerful side to keep his star players fresh

Over at the "blue" side where the Sky Blues and the Blues meet, it should be pretty much a one-sided affair. Didier Drogba is starting to find back his long lost indestructible form. The Conventry defence will be in for a busy and blazing afternoon under the hot noon sun. Chelsea to beat Conventry City by at least two goals. The away-away payout of the Half/Full Time Double at $2.15 looks tempting. But do take note that Nicolas Anelka might not be available for this match, with him around, the probability of Chelsea scoring would be even higher

Everton vs Middlesbrough looks like the most bland match of the four fixtures as if it was Balestier Khalsa against the Young Lions in an S League encounter. A match that most people, except the fans, would rather not invest their time watching on television. David Moyes' team are the favourites but do not rule out Boro completely. After all, my dear(and for that time only, lousy)Liverpool were gifted two eggs by them when they humbled the Reds 2:0 in the Premier league last week. A wise better would not put his grocery money on the 1X2 so the total goals type should be the more desirable option. It is up to you to decide but I will say less than 3 goals for this

Finally, the match which I believe is the most mouth watering of the week. Small little Burnley take on fallen giants Arsenal. Let me see, Arsenal? You mean the Gunners? Yes it is them but why did I stop to ponder for a moment? The main reason is because I do not have confidence that they can defeat Burnley within ninety minutes of normal time tomorrow. Goalless stalemates have been the trend recently for them but they changed their incorrect fashion sense in mid-week after an easy win over bottom placed West Brom. Ade Akinbiyi who knocked Chelsea out of the Carling Cup is the player I think Arsene Wenger should look out for. In a whole, I anticipate a draw after ninety minutes. I think the match will go all the way to the fearsome penalty kicks to decide the winner

PS: Do take note that everytime when I blog about my predictions on football, they tend to be incorrect but when I keep it in my heart and tell nobody but myself about my predictions, they are usually right. It's up to you to believe me but I am not lying

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...