Thursday, March 12, 2009

IT show

Recently, more than five people have asked me a dumb question. I think it is quite a dumb question from my perspective. So what was the question which turned me off? It goes "hey Raymond, are you going for the IT show?". Maybe you can guess what is my reply, it is the same for everyone who asked me

Yes, I said no. I think it's a pretty useless question to me because all these IT shows and Comex shows are just a waste of time. You squeeze with the thousand odd other kiasu-minded people like you at the entrance, you torture your legs by walking for hours just to find a really good deal you can grab, you indirectly mutilate your eyes from all the viewing and browsing of items there, you rack your brains to compare prices for the whole day, you end going home without buying anything

We, humans, all live in this cycle which we are not aware of. You always hear this/that friend saying he/she wants to go to all these IT/COmex/whatever shows to get this digital camera/laptop/printer/headset/whatever else things and in the end they will tell you they did not mange to buy anything because of the crowd/price/quality/no more stock etc etc etc after the weekend

Then these people will complain about their experience there like the bargains are fake, the products are outdated, the stocks are little and go on and on like they are so proud about it

Anyway, if you would really want to snatch something cheap at this year's IT show, I would say it is LCD TVs. Their prices keep on plunge just like how stock prices are in the market currently. Just ensure that you do not overwork your eyes from all those viewing

And if you don't mind, please do not ask me if I will be going for this thing as I will definitely not go

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...