Sunday, March 22, 2009

Football analysis

See lah? It's always like that. And it always happens to me. I was predicting that Fulham will win Manchester United yesterday while the rest of the world(except Fulham fans)would think otherwise. So I did not blog about my predictions yesterday and true enough, my wish came true. Who's cracking up now? I don't know but we have eyes to see it for ourselves. This season's Premier League is a classic example of the term "feng shui lun liu zhuan" in Mandarin

First, it was Arsenal who self-destructed themselves with their cannons by losing to weaker teams. Hull City were a surprise at the beginning. Then Aston Villa broke into the top four with commendable performances. Liverpool were first at some part but gradually fell down all the way to third while Chelsea had their fortunes changed under their new manager. Manchester United climbed back on top, the place they usually belong to

Anyway, all these are history already. Arsenal are back into the top four with some good games but it seems a little too late. Aston Villa have dropped to fifth and Hull is nowhere near where they were months back. Manchester United's lead has been cut which makes the title race more exiciting

Sometimes I really wonder if this premier league thing is a hoax? Just like wrestling where everything in it is fake but millions of people still watch it because of its entertainment value. Football and wrestling have many similarities. Both are sports games, both include violence week in week out and both normally attract males to watch only

I guess I better not predict the Liverpool-Aston Villa match result for tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...