Tuesday, September 29, 2009

29 Sep

After watching an entire F1 race for only the second time in my life last Sunday(the first time was last year's Singapore GP), some questions have been floating in my mind and I pondered over them. Here are some of the things which I thought about. If you happen to know the answer to any of the questions, do not hesitate to enlighten me

1. How does the driver know how many laps has he completed?

Well, you get the point right? I mean like say, Lewis Hamilton, how will he know how many laps are there more to go? After some twenty-odd rounds, an average human being would have lost count the number of times he drove around the circuit. Even if he knows the number, how about another twenty laps later, will he still be counting it in his mind? Is there an indication for him to see or something?

2. Drivers who end after N number of laps

For your information, the N refers to a small amount and not some infinite and astronomical figure. Check out that guy from Renault, definitely not Alonso, I don't know his name. He crashed out after just three laps? I wonder how would he be feeling while walking back to the garage. "Damn the car, it ruined my chance!" or "Oh yeah, luckily I crashed cos I need the toilet urgently, damn myself for forgetting to take a leak before the race"

3. What are grid girls for?

Other than standing in front of the camera to make some poses, I really don't see what's the use of them. When the winner walks towards the podium, they stand together and clap hands for him. Men love them that's why they watch F1, women hate them because they look cheap. Ironically, as a male, I happen to think like the women. Oh grid girls...GG

4. What is the experience of watching it live?

Those spectators. Standing, sitting, sneaking, shaking, skipping, snapping, shouting, sweating. After a minute or so, a bright red Ferrari drives past the crowd, zoom....That's it, you have to wait for it again, another one minute plus. Let's go have some beer first...So what's the fun of watching ultra-fast cars, smelling burnt rubber and perspiring non-stop?

5. Is it really a sport?

Can motor racing really be considered a sport when it is the machine that determines who finishes first? If you have a better car than your opponent, your chances of winning is higher than him assuming that both of you start from the same spot

***

Saw this interesting news recently so i decided to share it with you all. It is red durians! It is mainly found in the jungles of Sabah, Malaysia. Cool right? The taste is similar to normal durians but some people have said that it has a sweetish-sour taste



***

I will be attending an important event tonight. If you want to know what it is, tune in to Channel 8 at eight o'clock tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...