Thursday, January 28, 2010

50 dollar

I had a fifty dollar note in my wallet today. Well, it has been in my wallet for a few days already just that I had no choice but to use it today to have some smaller notes. It is because all the other smaller notes like two and five dollars were spent away for the past few days

I wanted to use it to pay my lunch but Zhiteng decided to pay for me first together with his since he had a ten dollar. So the fifty dollar was still safe and sound lying in my wallet. Then I thought of using it to buy drinks. Zhiteng said he had a two dollar note so we agreed to use it. Still safe and sound

Then I walked to the pastry stall and thought of buying a snack but everything except two stale-looking popiahs was gone. At that point, I really thought of donating the fifty dollars to the Haiti earthquake victims but I didn't know where can I do it

In the end, while I was walking home, I decided to stop over at the Myanmar provision shop near my block and bought a packet of Hello Panda biscuits. The Burmese woman tending the shop looked a bit shocked when I pulled the blue note out

Never mind, at least I managed to get some ten, five and two dollar notes through the change and the Hello Panda was delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...