Saturday, January 09, 2010

Games

If you know me well enough, you should be aware that I am not really the typical youngster who is into computer gaming. If you know inside out, you should understand that I will share any good thing that I know of with everyone. Today, I am going to share with you not one, but two computer games

Torchlight



This is a RPG (role-playing game) developed by the people who brought you the popular Diablo. If you ever played Diablo (whichever version), you will find that Torchlight is rather similar to it. The dungeon crawl concept will surely remind Diablo players of the hit game

The main objective of the game is to go deeper and deeper in the dungeon and eventually face the big bad guy. Although Torchlight has a poor plot, its cool graphics and action-packed scenes have compensated for it

There are three character classes which include the combative Destroyer, versatile Vanquisher and magical Alchemist. It has received mainly positive reviews from websites. It achieved a score of 84 on Metacritic

The main reason why I recommended this game is because of its price at $19.95USD. The game can be downloaded from its website at www.torchlightgame.com. After which, the user does not need an internet connection while playing the game

On 5 January, a Windows retail box version was released but I am not sure if it has hit our local shops yet. One thing for sure is that, my recommendation is worth trying out

P.S. I have never played Diablo in my life before


Entropia Universe




The second game is sort of opposite from the first one. Torchlight requires you to fork out money whereas Entropia Universe, an online game, can make you earn real money. Yes, you didn't read it wrongly, it's real money!

The whole and only purpose of playing this game is to earn real money by redeeming them with in-game currency at a fixed exchange rate of 1 USD = 10 PED. If you starting to get excited now, let me tell you something first. I tried installing the game and after more than one hour, only five percent was installed

Of course, I closed the installation just like what any other human being with a normal brain would do. Anyway, back to money matters, the minimum withdrawal amount is 1000 PED or 100 USD

To summarize the gameplay, it is like Sims City just that you are living on a planet named Calypso. Minerals, cities, tools are all part of the game. Gamers take up the roles of colonists and live (or play) on the planet

One worthy news of note was that on 14 December 2009, someone bought the Crystal Palace Space Station at 3.3 million PED which is equivalent to 330000 USD. You can visit Wikipedia for more information about the game

So if your mum nags at you not to play too much games and use the time to do something else more productive, you have a reason for telling her that you are earning money. Just that you have to be a pro at gaming first to earn it

Hope my recommendations for today were positive to you

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...