Wednesday, October 29, 2008

War of Web Browsers

During the evening, I read an article on web browsers in the digital life section of The Straits Times, it had listed 5 different web browsers, all of them I had used before, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera

The writer's choice was Firefox which I'm using right now too, he stated that it has a clean interface, good features, enhanced security and fast Web page rendering. As for me, I would not say Firefox is slow, but if you want to go for speed, then Safari would be your choice. It's the cheetah of web browsers

Also, I like Google Chrome for it's simplicity compared to other fellow browsers, ability to have tabs pulled out as a seperate window and it shows a snapshot of the most visited websites when a new tab is opened(convenient for lazy people like me)

As for Opera, the article states that it stands out from the rest as a multi-purpose web browser with special features but for ordinary people like me, it doesn't really have an impact, and it's slower than the rest

Lastly, let's not forget the mighty Microsoft Internet Explorer which has more than two-thirds of the market share. It is so "mighty" that the whole thing can just crash for no reason when you are busy typing something or uploading an important file. When something goes wrong, it will just pop out a "IE is not responding blah blah blah" kinda message, and humans will be tempted to click the [end now] button to end their "suffering" once and for all

So my choice? Ermmm, maybe Clean Chrome...or Speedy Safari or Favourable Firefox, alright, "odd one out" Opera also can consider. did I say Internet Explorer? No I did not, I did not, idiotic explorer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...