Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Morning in Clementi

After my practical lesson today, I met my ex-Tanglin comrade Jason to bring him to the bridal shop at Clementi to have his passport photo taken and Zhi Teng followed us. It was the only place where I can think of in Clementi that has this service. It was done pretty fast but because of two nerdy looking twins in some white shirt brown shorts uniform from some useless top school who had theirs taken after Jason, we could have left earlier. They were accompanied by their nerdy looking sister and ang moh pai mother who only speaks English and insists on using her credit card to pay although the shop owner say the card was not acceptable, can't she just use cash?

Then we went to the hawker centre to makan. As it was still early, the place was relatively empty when I first look at it. Then while looking for a table, I realized that all the empty tables were those with two seats. Suddenly, an auntie waved at me and gestured to follow her as she led us to an empty table, big enough for the three of us. I already knew what will happen next and upon sitting down, she asked us "要豆花水还是甘蔗水?" I ordered the former, Zhi Teng ordered the latter and she looks happy. But we were not happy, we did not like that table so after she came back with the drinks, we walked over to another table to sit. Jason ordered some white-coloured dessert, Zhi Teng ordered chicken chop and I won't tell you what I ate

After that we went to the bookshop as Jason wanted to buy graph paper before going to a shop to play a lame game where you have to shoot ping pong balls either in a row or column to win something. Each round costs 20cents, we played three times and won this small little miserable prize


Finally I headed to NTUC to "shopping" and went home

This is the last post of 2008, oh no, all my posts will be dated 2009 from tomorrow onwards

adiós 2008 bienvenido 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...