Monday, November 23, 2009

The lift, or should I say lifts, screwed me inside out upside down today

In the morning when I left my house and walked towards the lift lobby, the lift was at 11th floor, one floor below. I stretched out my hand to press the up button but just a spilt second earlier, some moron at the ground level pressed the down button before me. So the lift when down since it operates on a first come first serve basis and not by distance

As I was rushing for time, I decided to take the other lift at the other side of the block. So I spent around twenty seconds walking there, pressed the button and waited patiently for that vertical transport vehicle to arrive. After a while, I sensed something was not right, the lift was still at first floor, it didn't move! Then one guy, who walked from the side where I was first at, strolled past me and said that the elevator was spoilt

Ok, I think I can start thinking of a good reason to explain why am I late to the teacher. "Cher, you see, my house the lift #$%^&*, one went down when I pressed up and the other early morning spoiled liao" For your information, the teacher was even later than me. Maybe she got trapped in the lift

In school, I had to take the elevator from second to eighth storey since walking up the stairs would make me half-alive by the time I reach my destination. When I reached the lobby, the lift was at eighth floor, never mind I can wait. The lift goes down all the way to first floor, stopping in between halfway through much to my displeasure. Finally, it was coming up to second floor after waiting for about two minutes. The doors opened and a packed lift full of people like sardines was what I saw

I took the bloody stairs and was half-alive after reaching eighth storey

While I was reaching home in the evening, I walked towards the lift which was nearer to my house(the one where it went down when I pressed up) and I saw this sign

Photobucket

!@#$%^&*~? Lifts, you all really owned me today man...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...