Thursday, November 12, 2009

Walking to school

Yesterday I walked from home to school for the first time. It took about twenty odd minutes of my life walking under the scorching sun while carrying a 2kg plus bag

Actually it wasn't really that far away from my home and I realized that walking and taking public transport is about the same duration. Don't understand how Zhiteng and I took 35 minutes to reach Clementi the previous time when we both walked there from SP. Maybe I walk fast, that's why

Ok the worst part has yet to come. I entered the school at Gate 4 and continued strolling for about thirty seconds. I arrived at the school's stadium and stoned there for five seconds

How should I walk? Just walk through the field for a shortcut and dirty my feet with all the soil or tour around half the stadium under the sun? In the end I chose the latter because I believed the field is closed to everyone except the birds looking for earthworms to eat

There was this guy jogging at the track and he kept looking at me and gave me a "why is this guy carrying a bag, wearing slippers and walking slowly here?" look. I stared back at him and gave him a "i am just a passer-by" look

Well, the good news was I took the long way but it was actually a shortcut after I walked out of the stadium and all the way straight to class. The bad news was I was drenched in sweat by the time I reached the classroom

A good experience to remember though and it saved me 69 cents too

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...