Wednesday, April 21, 2010

21 April

Today is the first day that I entered school via Dover MRT station and I must say some things just cannot be changed

The MRT station and that bridge which links SP to the station is crowded with people. It was extremely crowded today even though it was already close to 9am

It was so packed that if you drop a coin, chances are that you will never find it again among all those pairs of legs. You have to literally turn and twist while squeezing through the crowd like what Jackie Chan does in his movies

Judging from the obscene amounts of idiots standing there every morning, I think a new nursery rhyme that goes "SP bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down. SP bridge is falling down, cos' of the students"

Went to the SPICE Service Centre at it new location during noon. Well, the student helpers there are still the same few faces especially the Malay guy. I think he recognizes me already because I am a "regular customer" there. Every semester we will get to see each other for the same reason

As it was the first week, there were many people with many problematic notebooks there. The queue at the counter was horrible. Luckily, I made a booking online first and had the priority to enter first. Wah, but when I entered the room, my jaws dropped at that magnificent sight in front of me

The whole room was full of people. Some were waiting for their laptops to load, others raised hands constantly to ask for help while a few were doing other stuff (Youtube, Facebook) to kill time. In the end, I managed to find an empty seat at the last row. My issue was a simple one, I can't connect to the school's main wireless network and everything was gao dim in ten minutes

Oh yes, tomorrow is SP Earth Day so no cars or other vehicles are allowed to enter the school. I wonder if the principal will take the MRT tomorrow morning and stand with us at the station while waiting for his colleagues

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...