Saturday, April 17, 2010

Star Search



Do you remember this commercial? It was aired last year and used by me as a humour moment whenever I bring up about it to people whom I am I talking with

I will try to imitate that crazy girl in the commercial and take turns laughing with the person watching me do it or doing it together with me

The purpose of Mediacorp shooting this clip was to tell everyone that "words of encouragement can unleash one's potential to overcome obstacles". It was shot during 2009, a year when H1N1 and the economy worried us

The ending was a pleasant one where Paige Chua, acting as the grown up crazy girl, succeeds in an acting audition. Since then, I have been suspecting if that crazy girl was really her and did the production take twenty years to complete

Of course I know I am wrong but I have to say that this is a very inspiring video. In fact, it is a suitable clip to promote Star Search

Wait, did I say Star Search? Yes, the 10th installment of this acting competition will take place this year. It has since been the path many artistes take to the road of acting success

Since young I have always dreamed of becoming an actor, one that acts on TV and not those on the stage doing artistic (un-understandable) things. I frequently tell myself that I will join Star Search one day and I must be the winner

Only winners will be remembered. Only winners will survive. Only winners will be handed a contract. Only by being a winner can I half-fufil my ambition

I won't join this year's competition but you will never know for the next one. In the meantime, let me get some inspiration from that commercial and be like that crazy girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...