Sunday, February 01, 2009

Liverpool vs Chelsea

LIVERPOOL VS CHELSEA

Who will win? Of course it's Liverpool as I am their fan but I shall justify my stand

Firstly, the match is played at Anfield, the noisy stadium of the Reds

Secondly, they have beaten Chelsea this season at Stamford Bridge, the once invincible ground of the Blues

Thirdly, the Reds look like a more complete team than the Blues in every department

Finally, they will win 1:0

I was playing chinese chess with my Sec 1 cousin earlier in the afternoon. We are both Liverpool fans but he thinks Chelsea will win while I think the opposite. So we decided to let a game of chess determine the final score tonight. We used 11 chess pieces by taking out the 5 pawns. There is the king(goalkeeper), 2 "si"(central defenders), 2 elephants(full backs), 2 horses(central midfielders), 2 cannons(wingers)and 2 cars(strikers)

The winner of the game is the person who predicted correctly and I won. The checkmate(goal)was a combination of a cannon(winger), car(striker) and(horse)midfielder. From the way the checkmate was made, we can conclude that a Liverpool winger will shoot the ball high up from his own half into the opposition's penalty box. The goalkeeper will be unable to save it as he is pressurized by the striker and the midfielder, left unmarked, scores from close range

Translated into real life, it is roughly something like Dirk Kuyt(winger)goes for a long pass from the right of his own half. The ball falls into the penalty area. Petr Cech(goalkeeper)is distracted by the presence of Fernando Torres(striker)so he cannot concentrate and left the goal open by running out to catch the aerial ball. Just as the ball touches the ground, who else but mighty Steven Gerrard(midfielder)will sweep it into the net from a short distance

The goal will be scored in the second half because we stopped halfway for a dessert break and I checkmated my cousin after the game had resumed

Let's see if it's the same tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...