Sunday, February 15, 2009

Total Defence Day

The highlight of today happened when I went for jogging at the Clementi Stadium in the evening. I saw Home United FC's team training there and it is their first team. At first, I did not really bother that bunch of twenty odd people passing balls to each other on the field. I thought that they were just another amateur team from some local amateur league struggling under the blazing sun while harbouring thin hopes that they will eventually play at some top team in the world. Anyway, I first noticed them because of their fat Indian coach, he passed me while I was jogging on the track and with one look, I confirmed that it was P.N. Sivaji and the Home United team

My confirmation was further confirmed when I saw the towering Lionel Lewis do his trademark "pulling his pants" while practising saving shots with another goalkeeper. He was so tall in real, much taller than how he looks like on TV. Then I saw, Kengne Ludovick, Shahril Ishak and this only Chinese guy whom I am not sure whether is Shi Jia Yi or Goh Swee Swee(one of Wai Yuen and Jian Nan's most hated footballers). I thought I saw an ang moh who is Peres De Oliveira but he was a bit too far from me so I don't know if it's him. There were also some younger players whom I assume are from the youth academy, they only got less than one quarter of the field to train while the senior players had half of it

Today is also Total Defence Day, hope everybody remember this day and not forget it's meaning

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...