Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Retrench your calculator

Bought a new calculator today. The brand is Sharp and the model number is EL-509WM, the evolution of my current one which is EL-509VM. Numbers aside, I bought a new one to play safe for my upcoming Maths exam. The old one has been with me for more than two and a half years, solving numerous maths questions for me and helping me calculate things when I'm lazy to do it. His name is Sam which I cannot remember how it came about so I shall call my new one Sally


Past and Present: Sam(left) and Sally(right)

Sally is so white and posh(maybe because she's new)so she should be be a female. The main difference between both of them is the colour, everything else looks the same to me. In times like this, companies are retrenching employees every now and then. So I thought it was time to retrench old Sam

Here is the farewell letter to Sam

***

To: Sam

I, your owner(the management), hereby terminate our partnership due to times of uncertainty like this. It was with deep regret and utmost sadness that the management informs you that your current post is now redundant. With immediate effect, the management is clearing all unnecessary staff to ensure the long-term financial viability of the our bank account

The undesirable situation painted us into a financial corner. We were positive that these measures will boost the company in many aspects and they were only done after long periods of consideration. We would like to thank you for the services you have rendered and wish you good luck in your future endeavours

Yours faithfully
Owner(the management)

***

Ok, I will not terminate my partnership with him entirely but currently. He will still be considered for reinstatement should there be another position similar to his in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...