Wednesday, April 15, 2009

First day in school

Yesterday was 14th April. Exactly one year ago, it was my first day of school in Singapore Polytechnic and I still remember it vividly. My first ever official lesson started at eight in the morning(of course). I was waiting for the lift at the ground floor when I met Farid and Nicholas. I had already known Farid fairly well through the orientation in the previous week but Nicholas was still like a stranger to me

As we waited for the lift to descend, we grew more and more impatient and in the end we decided to take the stairs since the class is only at third storey. While we walked up, we talked quite a bit and Nicholas sounded so formal with me. Then we entered the class and it was a lab lesson. We were supposed to do this stupid breadboard thing like placing wires into the holes here and there and make sure the light is lit up when we switch it on

After that was this IDEAS lesson. Those from SP should have an idea of what is it about. The lecturer was some lau kok kok who continuously emphasized of his poor visual ability so we must make things as clear as possible for him to see. For your information, after the first week, we never saw him again for the next five or six weeks because his was on MC after an eye operation

Then it was lunchtime, finally!

Went to Foodcourt 4 known as Koufu with my new classmates. Sat with Farid and the "bring-nothing-to-school-except himself" Nasrullah. Yes, he really brought nothing to school on the first day I remember, am I right Nas? Anyway, I ate the western kind of chicken rice there and it tasted good. Farid left first after finishing his food when I came back to the table after buying mine

I still recall the night before on Sunday was a match between Manchester United and Arsenal so naturally it was one of the topics we football fanatics were talking about after eating and Nas was telling me how beautifully Owen Hargreaves scored with a free kick which made his favourite Man U won the match 2:1

If I am not wrong, I called Melvin after eating to ask where he and the others were and he said he was at the school's Popular bookshop. So Nas and I went there only to find out they didn't really buy anything. Then we walked to the clubhouse or something area and sat down there in a circle, on the floor. By then, I realized Nas had already disappeared to nowhere. During that time, I talked to Zhi Teng for the first time by asking his name and it was from that very moment onwards that we broke the ice that we became almost inseparable with each other in school talking with one another, am I right Nas?

Then we crapped here and there like where each of us stay etc. After that was Maths lesson in a cold air-con classroom. The lecturer made us do determinants, it was quite easy since I am already exposed to A Maths in secondary school. Do do do, and that's the end of my first day in school

Wow, it's been more than a year but memories will always stay. Maybe I can blog about my first day for year two which starts in about four days next year during the same time now

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...