Saturday, April 11, 2009

How much longer/ Pre-birthday

How much longer can Abhisit Vejjajiva last?

As Prime Minister of Thailand I mean

Political turmoil has been haunting the land of thousand smiles for the past few years. This week, it has sort of reached its peak like how Tiger Woods is when he is in red-hot form. Speaking about red, the red-shirt demonstrators have been overnight celebrities around the South East Asia region as they protested for their PM to step down

An ang moh from say England might thought that it was some fight between Manchester United and Liverpool supporters to whose club will win the Premier League. And maybe some Arsenal fans as well since they all wear the same colour. Anyway, after watching and watching all these drama from one of our neighbouring country on TV this week, I think my prediction a few months back was right



PM Abhisit Vejjajiva won't last long. Since the day he assumed office in mid-December last year, my first reaction(and still the same reaction until now)was that he will not stay for a lenghty period. How did I know? Judging from his face I guess. He does not have that aura around him which our leaders all possess here in our country. On the other hand, the successor of Somchai did had his more favourable moments like carrying on Surayud's policy of compulsory licensing of pharmaceuticals

If Abhisit were to continue as PM through this difficult time, I think he really deserve a standing ovation and a round of applause from me. He needs to prove that he is capable for the job like how a real politician should be

***

On a lighter note, tomorrow is my birthday! My eighteen birthday to be exact. Oh no I am getting older by another year again. This eighteen anniversary on earth for me means that I can finally 光明正大的 bet with Singapore Pools. By the way, here's the birthday card from my insurance company, the only person or people who will never forget your birthday every year

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...