Sunday, September 26, 2010

25 Sep

Went to Queensway Shopping Centre with Wai Yuen yesterday. He also needed to return the book which he borrowed from me which I borrowed from the school library and it is due soon

I wanted to buy a new pair of boots for my soccer competition. In the end, as expected, I didn't buy anything.

I wanted to buy the red-white Adidas Predator but every single shop which I entered were out of stock. Except for one where the salesperson said the stocks haven't arrived

Thought of purchasing the yellow-white one instead but as a very "idealistic and perfectionist" consumer, I decided not to be so easy-going. You can try me but I am quite a difficult person to persuade buying

After nearly one hour of useless shopping where we asked the same question at every shop and got the same reply from them, we decided to head over to Anchorpoint

We rested at a dessert store to relax our legs. Later, we headed down to Singapore Pools because Wai Yuen need to satisfy his weekly gambling needs. He forced me to share with him a $2 SCRATCHIT ticket. I paid 50 cents, he paid $1.50

Each of us scratched one of the two lucky numbers. It was my first time playing (or scratching) this stupid thing and I struck one of the numbers. It was only $2 but better than nothing.

Unlucky Wai Yuen didn't struck anything. So we ended up queuing up again to get back the $2 we paid. I think I got back the same 50 cents coin I used to buy the ticket.

I walked him to the bus stop and after he boarded the bus, we both realized something was wrong. I forgot to take the book from him! It's still in his bag! Stupid us. We really fit the description of great minds think alike

I still managed to get the book back as he alighted at the next stop, wasting 71 cents while I sweat like hell walking all the way there and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...