Thursday, September 30, 2010

2nd Anniversary

Time flies. No, I think it zooms. Without notice, this blog is already two years old. I debuted as a blogger in September 2008 and have written nearly 500 posts (the 500th one is coming really soon). I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who played a part in this little success of mine.

Qing Xiong
I suppose I have to say thank you to him first. I knew nothing about blogskins and tagboards back then. Yes, I picked the blogskin but if he didn't tell me where to find them, I would have been lost.

Not only the part on where to choose a template, I also had no idea how to use it for this blog. If I'm not wrong, he was the one who pasted it in Blogger for me. I trusted him so I gave him my password.

Unfortunately, there was some problem with it after three months so I switched to the current one you are seeing now. It looks too cool that I can't be bothered to change it again. P.S. changing blogskins takes up a lot of time too.

Oh yes, the tagboard. It's been the same old one ever since the first post appeared on this blog. However, I shamelessly declare that until now, I still don't know how to create one. Yeah, it's Qing Xiong who did it for me again.

Wai Yuen
I contemplated whether Nick or Wai Yuen deserved second spot and decided on the latter. Wai Yuen was the first person to tag in the tagboard and he did it even before I wrote my opening post.

He's been a great supporter of this blog with his frequent tags although they have significantly decreased. If you ask Wai Yuen to say one question that Raymond always asks him, it's gotta be "When will you start a blog?"

I can see that he has the potential to be a competent blogger. If he ever starts blogging one day, his blog would definitely be a direct challenger to mine in terms of readership.

Nick
Ever since I started blogging and he came tagging here, I started calling him Nick as if it is his real name. I just can't seem to call him Nicholas like how SNSD Sunny's fans won't call her Soonkyu. I think Nick is easier for lazy people like me who are too lazy to move their mouths.

Honestly, I cannot remember how Nick came to know of my blog (maybe you can tell me?). I only remembered "advertising" it to Wai Yuen and a few others from Tanglin. Nick is also a wonderful fan of this blog although his tags have also lessen lately.

Melvin
He debuted earlier than me in June 2008 and his blog has always been a reference area and inspiration corner whenever I need ideas. I did not copy his work of course (because I am a staunch devotee of Creativity) but there are some elements in it which makes it attractive.

He ever thanked me in his blog for being a loyal supporter or something like that so I shall reciprocate and thank him back here.

Teck Cheong
Well, I don't know what to say for you but thanks for subscribing this blog on your Google Feeds. And if you don't mind, tag more often

To everyone else out there reading
Come on, don't be a coward. Be brave and make your presence felt here but leaving a nice tag. You don't even need to pay for reading all the sweat and effort I forked out.

***

I do not believe in publicly advertising one's blog, that is, people who post their blog address on their MSN or make a Twitter update whenever they have a new post. That's too blunt. It shows the desperado side of you trying hard to sell your product.

In my perspective, blogs should be advertised through one's mouth. Like how your friend tells you this certain shop which sells cosmetics for a cheaper price. I need no publicity and never will.

I just need quality (and also quantity so that the blog doesn't look outdated). I will try my best and continue writing quality posts for you the reader. Thank you very much!

By the way, no gifts or tokens for those whom I thanked. Aiyah, you know lah, because this blog still got no sponsor mah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...