Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Men In White


I bought this book about one year ago and only read it for the first time since two days back.

That's the good thing about a history book. Reading it a year later after its release doesn't make a difference. The start of the story was way back in 1959 when Cyprus gained independence

If one were to read this book, he/she should read it with a clear mind, that is, not having any political views. Just like reading a fashion magazine, all you wanna do is gain knowledge regardless of what the trend is

My impression of the 50s and 60s in Singapore are all black and white. Even if you were to ask me to visualize my grandmother back then, it would be in black and white

Thus, while reading this book, my mind is congested with images that are made of only two colors. Ok, make that three if you include grey

I strongly recommend this book. It is a good choice of entertainment if you are bored but don't wanna use the computer

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...