Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pineapple Promfet


For today, I am gonna showcase the erm, culinary side of me

I had come up with a recipe from some inspiration which I got somewhere and with some brainstorming. I am no cookery book author so the lingo used here might not be appropriate. Well, as long as you can understand, that is good enough

Steamed fish always looks boring where it is just a fish on a plate with some ginger on it. Here's my version of steamed fish. PP. Pineapple Promfet

Ingredients. You freaking need all of the below

1 white promfet (please don't tell the fishmonger you want a Prophet)
1 small pineapple
Few slices of ginger (about 4 will do)
Salt (Little bit)
Sugar (Little bit also)
Starch (means flour mixed with water)
Coriander (yeah, I think that's its English name)

Steps. You freaking need to follow them accordingly

1. Slice out both sides of meat from the fish

2. Use the remaining fish skeleton to cook the broth for 45 minutes

3. Steam the 2 slices of fish with ginger for 6-7 minutes depending on the broadness of the meat

4. Cut out a rectangular-shaped block from the pineapple. Thickness about 2cm.

5. Pan-fry the pineapple until it turns golden-brown. Add some sugar on it when frying

6. Place the 2 slices of fish with the pineapple to form an equilateral triangle whereby the pineapple is the base

7. Use fish broth to make gravy

7.1 Add salt, sugar to the broth. Boil over large fire.

7.2 Pour in starch bit by bit when it starts to boil

8. Pour gravy over the fish

9. Garnish with coriander

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...