Sunday, March 21, 2010

How can I not talk about my government?

How can I not talk about my government? It is clear that in Singapore, the rich gets richer while the poor gets poorer. When I mean rich, I don't mean the wealthy CEOs or managing directors. I am, of course, referring to my dear millionaire ministers who wear white during National Day parades

A study conducted by Swiss financial company UBS last year showed that the average Singaporean's salary decreased by eight percent in the last three years. This pales in comparison to the erhem, 50% increase of our ministers' pay during the same time

Time and again, PAP MPs claim that foreign workers has helped increased the salaries of Singapore citizens like what Finance Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam did recently

Halimah Yacob, one of the few female MPs who love talking a lot other than Dr. Amy Khor, has raised doubt over the UBS study in Parliament. She said that there was a significant jump of about 20% in wages over the same period of time

Sadly, both Halimah and Tharman didn't do their homework and the Labour report by MOM on Monday proved that

“Nominal earnings decreased over the year by 1.6% in the fourth quarter of 2009, easing from the 3.0% decline in the preceding quarter. Earnings in 2009 declined by 2.6%, after rising by 5.4% in 2008. After adjusting for inflation (2009: 0.6%, 2008: 6.6%), the decline in real earnings was 3.2% in 2009, deeper than the contraction of 1.2% in 2008.”

there was absolutely something wrong about their statements and claims. What made them said such things when it is their reputation at stake? An MP in Singapore easily earns $13000 a month from allowance so we should try to "understand" that they were unable to see how Singaporeans are struggling to make ends meet every day

Singaporeans' salaries decreased while their leaders' ones increased at the same time? What kind of logic is that in this world? Is my government for the average man like me? Not when they cannot be trusted for what they said and when they are getting such spectacular wages

It's time for change. Wake up my fellow Singaporeans and discard those one-sided history textbooks in your house

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...