Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Piracy



I ate a very filling lunch which consisted of chicken rice with an egg, soup, two paos, one is lotus one is yam, and a whole cup of watermelon juice. This combination is definitely better than the Mega Mac from Mcdonald's, more filling and less costly.

Needless to say, those food which I gobbled up hypnotized me into a sleep mode during class. Well, this is not my first time like this and I managed to control myself. During Web Publishing lesson, I was installing the adobe photoshop on my lappie when it blue-screened and I was too lazy to switch the stupid acer computer on again. So I shall do it at home and hope it does not crash again

After class while walking out of school, I discussed with Zhi Teng about piracy in Singapore and China. He mentioned that China is more famous(infamous)for computer related stuff and I said that Singapore is better in VCDs. It's a tie, both countries are equally efficient in this

So we talked about how to solve this problem and I suggested that companies like adobe do not charge people so much for their software. The main reason why humans like you and family go for piracy is because of the original article's price. I told him that it is just like selling food in hawker centres. Which one will you choose, a $2 fishball noodle or a $3 one if you have yet to taste either before? The same idea can be applied to software, companies are just trying to earn as much money as they can from those good citizens who are willing to spend a lot than get pirated copies

In the end, we both agreed to one thing. Piracy will not dissappear because of society and the mentality people have

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...