Thursday, January 22, 2009

Commendable Service

Hey, check out what I did on Facebook today. I commented on Foreign Affairs minister, George Yeo's status again. It is less controversial than the previous time and my face is shown this time. Well, but I think it is still worth sharing with you all




About 8 hours later, there were 4 more idiots who talked to themselves because George Yeo will not reply to them anyway



We drawed lots during Oral Communication class today to decide the order of who first who last for our individual presentation next week. And I got

the good news is I am not the first and the bad news is I will only have 1 person to look at before it's my turn

I ate the black pepper fried rice from the Indian stall today. Super spicy. Ate until I sweat like I had ran 20 kilometres. I will never try it again. Anyway, I helped Zhi Teng and Nas buy too. So it was $6 in total, I gave the Indian guy a $10 note and he changed me $5. He asked if I had $1 and I answered no. So he said "how about you return me another day" in an Indian slang, so I said ok. I returned at 2.30pm with eight 10cent coins and one 20cent coin. I passed him the money and he just dumped that into the cashier without counting and smiled at me saying I could have returned him another day

Now, what I am trying to say is this is commendable service that is endangered in Singapore. The Indian guy trusts his customer(who is me), that he will return with the one dollar. Also, he did not bother to count the coins I gave him which shows he believes I did not cheat him. Although the fried rice is really not nice(wow, it rhymes), the good service has more than made up for it

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you hope that Minister Yeo would reply to your comment on his status? He does sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...