Saturday, January 24, 2009

Battle of polys

Yesterday was the last day of school for Republic Polytechnic students. They will start the new semester 10 weeks later on 20 April. As we all know, RP is different from the other 4 polytechnics in Singapore because of it's unique education system. The one-of-a-kind adaptation of Problem Based Learning(PBL)makes RP unique in it's own way

Everyday students are given a problem which needs to be solved and they do it together as a class in the classroom. What I am trying to state here is that the way of learning in RP actually bond classmates more than the other 4 polys. Classes are united as one and rarely spilt into groups. Although this sounds positive, students will be sad to be separated with their classmates when a semester ends

In short, I think that RP is better than the rest(especially SP)in terms of cleanliness and modernity. The interior and exterior designs are contemporary and the classroom doors have this round window which looks very posh and class

I remember I had a friendly debate with Wai Yuen who is a RP-ian last year about which school is better

Wai Yuen: my school very high tech one, wireless and paperless
Raymond: so? my school is the 1st poly, lao zhao pai, yours is some new and unknown brand
Wai Yuen: at least more modern than your one
Raymond: mine is the biggest poly in Singapore, how many food courts you have?
Wai Yuen: 3, no is 4(actually it is supposed to be 3 according to my research on their website)
Raymond: haha, i got 6
Wai Yuen: errmm, I got koufu leh
Raymond: I also have, I still got McDonald, KFC, Pizza Hut, Popular bookshop, 7 eleven...
Wai Yuen: k lah, you win lah
Raymond: transfer school lah, come SP, I'll put red carpet at Dover MRT to welcome you

I also debated with Vincent who is a NP alumni and this is roughly what I remembered
Vincent: NP is the best poly, branded school
Raymond: SP is then the best and the also oldest one
Vincent: so old liao, the paint on the walls all like ...already lor
Raymond: as long as our inside is clean can already, we're not so vain
Vincent: our school the food court got people from SIM come eat leh
Raymond: like that only? still got anything else?
Vincent: we have a big big bus stop outside the school
Raymond: who cares about your little bus stop, we got MRT station man!

Anyone wants to have a debate with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...