Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Raymond's Theorem

My classmate is a little abnormal today. Maybe because another classmate of mine did not come to school, that's why he was unusually hyper-active for the day. The first person is Zhi Teng and the second is Nas. So in short, Nas did not come to school which resulted in Zhi Teng being hyper-active. Sounds like a Chain Rule right? Check your secondary school A Maths textbook on the chapter differentiation if you don't know what I mean

When the lecturers asked me why Nas was absent, my reply is Standard. "He went to America to attend Obama's inauguration speech". Yes, it is January 20, the day when carparks in Washington DC are flooded with vehicles as people all around the country(and world)come to witness this significant moment of history. Anyway back to the topic, so how abnormal was Zhi Teng then? He is a natural introvert or rather a man of little words. He hardly opens his mouth except on "emergency" occasions. However, it seems that he has talked more sentences than me today

He even came up with various topics to talk with me. We chatted about laptops and their batteries, the advanced technology today, our ambitions, current affairs, our Maths project, the lab quiz, the difference between celebrating CNY in Singapore and China etc. Then we betted what colour will the next MRT be, I guessed black while he guessed white and I won, but I won nothing because we did not bet on anything

So I'm sitting in front of the computer now still trying to figure out the theorem relating Nas' absence to Zhi Teng's abnormal behaviour. According to my calculations, this is roughly the formula after differentiating

Nas + -(go school) = Zhi Teng + 5(talk)

so it means Nas plus negative go school(never go school)is equals to Zhi Teng plus talk talk talk talk talk(talk 5 times more)

***

Integrate it and you will get

Nas + go school = Zhi Teng + 0.5(talk)

which means Nas plus go school(present in school)is equals to Zhi Teng plus half talk(talk a little bit only)


Change of topic. As mentioned above, today is the day when carparks in Washington DC are flooded with vehicles as people all around the country(and world)come to witness this significant moment of history. Barack Obama's inauguration speech will be broadcasted live on Channel News Asia at 11pm later but I doubt you will stay up and watch it. You will probably take the time to sleep first and wake up at 4am to watch Manchester United vs Derby in the Carling Cup semi final. Well, but there will definitely be fans of him in our country who are willing to sacrifice their beauty sleep to catch their idol on TV

Obama has wonderful oratory skills and is a good speaker by nature. So watching him talk tonight may not be a disadvantage to one after all, you can pick up some tips from him and they may come in handy in the future. Your TV is yours, so it is up to you to decide

In the meantime, I will continue to work on my Raymond's Theorem of Nas and Zhi Teng

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...