Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chinese New Year's Eve special post

Here's my Chinese New Year's Eve special post. It's not really special after all but you will have to wait for 1 year to view the next one again

If you are a Chinese, you will be having your annual reunion dinner tonight. So what will you have? Mine is steamboat every year, standard one, and we only use the "soup" part to cook despite having the barbeque one also. This is because of cleanliness as the house will be less greasy if we did not use the barbeque function but it has really been un-switched on for many years already. There is going to abalone tonight(yeah, *claps*). The good news is I will get to savour this exquisite(and expensive)thing tonight, the bad news is I will have to wait for the earth to orbit one round around the sun before I can taste it again

I have a secret tactic which I think I should share with you all regarding the reunion dinner. Let's say if your home has abalone or sea cucumber and other expensive delicacies on the dining table. Everybody will be aiming for it so how should you counter-attack? Simple, if you are using chopsticks, just pretend to accidentally poke through a few slices(3 or 4 is a good amount)where you actually did it on purpose. Then you will have a 'satay" of abalone slices in your chopstick and you just tell everyone sorry and stuff it into your mouth. No one can blame you for your "accident" and no one should want to share the poked abalone with you, it's a human nature thing. What's more, it's Chinese New Year's Eve so nobody will scold you anyway

Most of us will have to stay awake past midnight for tonight because of Chinese tradition. Luckily there are special programmes on TV tonight or I will be bored to sleep. But past experiences have proved that I will still give in to temptation and lie on the bed for a short nap around 10.30 to 11.30. I am an early sleeper you know, I sleep very early everyday. It is a good habit since young. I'm going to have a short siesta in the afternoon later so that I will be less lethargic in the night

Remember my tactic at the reunion dinner and try it out to see if it works, just make sure that your family members do not read this and know about it too

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...