Friday, January 30, 2009

CIP

Due to Chinese New Year, this is the persistently non-political posts(PNPP)week, so RealBlurPolitics® will be back after two weeks. Anyway, I went to school in the morning for my CIP(Community Involvement Programme/Compulsory Idling Project). The venue was the library, Zhi Teng and I reported at 9am sharp. Then we were assigned different tasks. Zhi Teng followed the auntie in charge who is called Serene to somewhere while I was left alone at the back of the counter. Later, auntie Serene came back and brought me out too

Then she asked me to take out those round stickers on the books of a shelf and replace them with square ones. While I was doing, I realized that Zhi Teng was actually 2 shelves behind me at the music CD corner. When I was done with my job, I went over to look for him. His work looks more difficult and after just saying two sentences to him, that auntie Serene called me to go over to her side seeing that I had finished

Then I had a new mission which is to go collect the books that are stated in the pieces of paper given to me. I had to search for them by the code number, then verify them with their identity number inside it. It was quite a tiring task as I had to move around with the what do you call it? the roller thing? The kind of trolley where you can move around and stack things in it. As more books were piled on it, it gets heavier to push and harder to manoeuvre





Finished the task at around 12.30pm. I thought it was the end for me but I was wrong. That auntie gave me something else to do. It was the DVD version of Zhi Teng's work. He packed the music CDs in order and mine is to pack the DVDs. I was thinking "ahh sh*t man, cannot go off on time" as it was already 12.50pm. But but but, she came back at 1pm sharp to let us off even though I was halfway through. Nice ending

The CIP made me stand for 4 straight hours without food, water or a trip to the toilet. Only smelt the dust from those books which I collected and tasted the hardship of librarians. They are actually quite pitiful, in one way or another

So let's put back the books we have taken from the shelf and put them back in the right place ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...