Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cultural Medallion

The reason why I did not blog yesterday was because my internet speed was unusually tardy. The slowness of the bandwidth speed was similar or maybe fairly better than those found in Western Africa

Unhappy things aside, this blog congratulates You Jin and the other three winners for clinching this year's Cultural Medallion for their achievements in arts

Out of this year's four winners, I only know You Jin and I am a fan of her. Ironically, I only have one book written by her which is "Beancurds don't lie"(direct translation from Mandarin). It is a collection of many short and simple stories with "substance". Beancurds don't lie is just one of the many stories in it. If you want to know why beancurds do not lie, I can lend you the book to find out



I had also dreamt of receiving this Singapore cultural award. As for which category, I believe art is out of the way because no one ever appreciates the monster-looking creatures I drew. Dance is still a long way for me unless moonwalk is counted. Photography is not my cup of tea. We can cancel out music as well since it is related to dance

So most probably, if ever one day, I do receive the the Cultural Medallion, it should be film or literature. I love filming and writing and hope that the latter will be recognized through my hard work in this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...