Friday, October 30, 2009

interesting facts about the school

After two weeks of a new semester, I discovered some interesting facts about the school and everything else related to it

1. More people are walking in groups nowadays. I seldom see a guy walking alone by himself. If I do, then most probably that guy would be myself

2. My gems lecturer is a doctor. Not as in medical terms but she obtained a doctorate during her studying days. Anyway, she looks very familiar as though I had ever met her before but can't recall when was that. My heart tells me that my dad knows her too in some way or another. Maybe it was a quarrel between both of them

3. My DBMS lecturer's niece is Jasmine Tye, that girl who finished third in the second season of Singapore Idol. Her surname is also Tye by the way. But who still remembers J. Tye now? I was more interested in the tutorial then getting an autograph

4. Zhiteng thinks that Nas is an Indian from India. For more than one and a half years, Mr China has been thinking that our Indian classmate was a citizen from the land of IT experts. We were talking about passports and he thought Nas holds an India one. Oh come on, Singapore is multi-racial unlike China

5. Nas doesn't seem to scare Zhiteng anymore. Back in January, I came up with a formula. Nas + -(go school) = Zhi Teng + 5(talk), integrate it and you will get, Nas + go school = Zhi Teng + 0.5(talk). This formula is of no use anymore because Zhiteng talks a lot even when Nas is beside him. Nas, what happened to your superiority?

6. The vending machines are all idiots. I pressed for chrysanthemum tea, nothing happened. Pressed again, still nothing happened. I opted for soya milk instead and a Coke Light came tumbling out followed by my change. Another one of a similar model dispenses cold drinks which were hot. What happened to the cooling thing inside it?

7. The newspaper corner in the library is an excellent place to take a nap. Silence is observed by (almost) everyone. The armchair there is three times more comfortable than any raised surface used to sit on found in my house. It is at a corner so there an increased amount of privacy. There are always empty seats. Just don't let the library staff catch you

8. Mcdonald's is flooded with people every day. Maybe it's because of the Monopoly thing that's why everyone is queuing to order a meal and try their luck to see if they got the highly sought-after Sentosa Cove game piece. By the way, the auntie did not make a blunder on Monday when she gave me 16 game pieces as an upsize meal entitles you to eight game labels(2 games pieces per label)

9. There are so many things waiting for me to discover so I better go find them out now. Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment

My $0.02 worth on NS

So it's down to eighteen days. Eighteen more days as a full-time national serviceman, eighteen more days before I am discharged from th...